Frequently Asked Questions
- Are the livestream performances actually live?
Yes! Curated specifically for the virtual stage, these performances are taking place live in our theatre and streamed for you at the same time.
- How are the live performances being captured?
With four HD cameras, a variety of tripods, cranes and specialized camera mounts, and decades of live production experience, our technical staff is working closely with each artist to create a customized performance meant for the virtual stage. These events will be produced and broadcast live to your personal screen via state-of-the-art streaming software made by Vimeo.
- How do I access the livestream performance or film?
A link to access the performance or film will be sent by email prior to the event date. You can also navigate to the event's page on our website and click on the "Watch" button. Either way, you will then log in to your account on our website and be granted access to watch the event. Once you’re logged in, you will also see a Digital Content page which will include links to all the upcoming performances and films for which you have purchased access.
- How do I log in to my account?
To access your livestream or film, you need to log in to your account with the email you provided for your order. If you forget your password, or haven’t yet created one, click the “Forgot your password or need to create one?” text above the purple “Login” button. Please do not use the “Not registered yet?” section if you have already placed an order for access to an event.
- Do the livestreams have closed captioning?
Yes! When watching the livestream, simply click on the “CC” button in the bottom right of the video player. Then, select the radial button next to “Display Captions” and auto-generated captions will appear.
- How can I watch the livestream performance or film?
You can watch our performances and films on your computer, tablet, smart TV or mobile phone. For the most interactive experience, watch our livestream performances on your computer so you can participate in the chat and the Q&A with the artists.
- Can I watch the performance again or at a time other than listed? When can I view the film?
Livestream performances will be available for viewing for 48 hours following the event date and time. Each film has a specific viewing window noted on that film's page on our website. You can access the performance or film via the same original link sent by email or from the "Watch" button on the event's page on our website. You can also log in to your account on our website and get access via your Digital Content page which will include links to all the upcoming performances and films for which you have purchased access.
- I have my livestream link but I’m experiencing technical problems trying to watch.
Our video service is hosted by Vimeo, so please visit the help center for a wide range of technical assistance. If you can’t find the answer you’re looking for, or need more help, please contact the Box Office at 215.898.3900 so we can look into the issue further. The Box Office is available beginning 30 minutes prior to each event's start time through until 30 minutes after the event has begun.
- Why should I subscribe to the digital season?
Subscribers save up to 35% with a livestream package and also get access to our new film series for free! Should you choose to add performances to your subscription package later on, you’d enjoy the same discounted rate.
- I have a credit on my account. Can I use that towards the digital season?
Yes, any funds on account can be used for these livestream performances and films. Simply call the Box Office at 215.898.3900 to use your account credit for your order.
- Can I purchase a subscription package or individual livestream access as a gift?
Yes! However, as access will be tied directly to the purchaser’s login, the best way to give a gift would be to purchase a gift certificate and allow the recipient to purchase directly.
- I’m a 19/20 season subscriber. Will I be able to renew into my same seats the next time performances occur in person?
Yes! Whenever we’re able to welcome you back to our theatres, you will have the opportunity to renew into your seats from the 19/20 season.
- I never decided what to do with my tickets from cancelled 19/20 season performances. What should I do?
Please visit our season update page to learn more about what happened with your specific performance(s). Then, contact the Box Office at 215.898.3900 to discuss your options.
- Will I receive anything in the mail for my subscription or individual livestream purchase?
No, everything will be sent to you digitally. A link to access the performance or film will be sent by email.
- What discounts are available for those affiliated with Penn?
- Penn students can access our livestream performances and films for FREE! Click here to complete the registration.
- Penn staff and faculty save 20% on subscription packages and on individual livestream and film event access with code PENN. Discount subject to verification of staff or faculty status.
- Penn alumni save 20% on subscription packages and on individual livestream and film event access with code PENNALUM. Discount subject to verification of alumni status.
- What discounts are available for non-Penn students?
Students can get access for just $5. Simply contact the Box Office at 215.898.3900.
- Is West Philly Rush still available?
$5 access will be available as part of our West Philly Rush program. To get West Philly Rush access, please call the Box Office at 215.898.3900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. To be eligible for West Philly Rush, you must reside in one of the following zip codes: 19104, 19131, 19139, 19142, 19143, 19145, 19151 or 19153.
Have other questions or need help?
The Annenberg Center Box Office can be reached at email@example.com or 215.898.3900 Tuesday-Friday from 11 AM - 4 PM. The Box Office will also be available beginning 30 minutes prior to each event's start time through until 30 minutes after the event has begun.