Martha Graham Dance CompanyThe EVE Project
January 25 – 26, 2019 · Zellerbach Theatre · AC Presents
"One of the great companies of the world" (The New York Times), the Martha Graham Dance Company is one of the oldest and most celebrated contemporary dance companies on the planet. In the EVE Project, this iconic troupe stays true to Graham's tradition of social activism with a program by all female choreographers commemorating the upcoming centennial of the 19th Amendment. Featuring the powerful Philadelphia premiere of Chronicle by Graham, as well as the first preview performance of a new work by contemporary superstars Maxine Doyle and Bobbi Jene Smith, this amazing company continues to inspire and impress the generations worldwide.
- Diversion of Angels by Martha Graham
- Ekstasis by Martha Graham, Reimagined by Virginie Mecene
- Deo (first preview) by Maxine Doyle and Bobbi Jene Smith
- Chronicle by Martha Graham
- Friday, January 25 @ 8 PM
- Saturday, January 26 @ 2 PM
- Saturday, January 26 @ 7 PM
Stay after the performance on Friday, January 25 for a post-show talkback.
The 18/19 dance series is presented by Annenberg Center Live and NextMove Dance.
Media support for this performance provided by WHYY.
1: Brigid Pierce, Thanks to Hibbard Nash Photography
2: Hibbard Nash Photography
3-4: Brigid Pierce